Monday, December 19, 2005

The Saint

Simon Templar: I am Marin Depores. I am from Spain but I am named for a Peruvian Saint, who could cure the sick, or the injured, by the laying of hands.
------------------------------------------

Simon Templar
: My name is Buro Houtenfaust. I was named for a Saint who was a very wealthy man. He had the wine, the women, the songs, the whole bit, and then inexplicably, took a vow of poverty and became a hermit. Ran off to live in the forest, in the nude.
------------------------------------------

Simon Templar
: My name is Thomas Moore. I was named after a Saint who died for his faith.
------------------------------------------


Simon Templar
: Allow me to introduce myself. My name is August Christopher. I was named for St. Augustan, who coined my favorite phrase, 'Give me chastity and give me constancy, but do not give it yet.'

------------------------------------------

Saintcatherine
: My name is...Saint Catherine. I named myself after... no particular Saint. There are actually 6 Saints by the name of Catherine. Some were Saintly by their holiness and religious perfection. Some by their mystical experiences of apparition. And some by their noble life, piety, charity, and kindness. As previously stated, no particular Saint inspired the the name 'saintcatherine'. The author of this blog --which is me-- merely enjoys The Saint as one of her favorite movies and likes the feel of pronouncing saintcatherine at the tip of her tongue.

No comments: