Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Nothing Grand. Really...

Three months going on four. Never thought before I'd last this long. Keep checking on papers and got ecstatic to find some that I could project myself devoted to for a long period of time, before, and after, finding my way back to school. They suit the rather perfect scheme of gratifying work. I don't have any idea for a peace resolution in Middle East, nor do I have the courage to work for the refugee in armed conflict area. Nothing grand. Perhaps one that will make me contented at the end of the day and coming home knowing I have directly made a difference in people's life, even the tiniest, because I have worked for a cause, not merely for the purpose of paying the bills, getting a sweater that is so me, or buying chinas for mom. If there's one that encompasses all that, I don't see why not. Now, one can say, I'm having too much fun with much abandonment to my yearning. I fool around some 80% of my work hour and manage to get the task done promptly. Day in day out, I would slouch on the sofa in the lounge reading novels over French vanilla coffee. Either that or browsing, blogging, chatting, or talking on the phone. Sounds like a treat? You bet. But why do I want something else?

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
--Emily Dickinson--

No comments: