Wednesday, November 24, 2004

So American...

Maikel : Alhamdulillah fine. Tgl 25 hari Kamis, tapi seingatku biasanya hari Selasa sekolah mulai libur. Why? Dont tell me you're celebrating it.
Santamonica66763 : Not in a festive way. But why not? We can thank God everyday but I think it's a good idea to have a day where giving thanks is... official?!?! I'd like to wish Happy Thanksgiving to my hostfam. Was gonna wish you too but seemingly you don't acknowledge it.
Maikel : Since you define it as to be thankful to God, I agree with you. It's just the idea of American culture thing discouraged me. With your perspective, I'd go along...
Santamonica66763 : Iya sih kadang2 I reminisce moment like Thanksgiving and Christmas in US.
Maikel : I see.. You have good old times memory with these events. I guess I never really grasp Thanksgiving, I thought it all about European coming to America.
Santamonica66763 : Is it? I never really know the history.

Here's a kiddy site on
The History of Thanksgiving. And... I took a silly test on 'What Part of Thanksgiving are You?'. Result is... 'You Are the Stuffing. You're complicated and complex, yet all your pieces fit together. People miss you if you're gone - but they're not sure why.' Hahaha. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: